BDO’s quarterly global mid-market M&A review
18 June 2019
Each quarter we analyse global mid-market deal activity across a number of major regions and selected sectors around the world; we offer you a satellite view of how the M&A market is evolving – and where it appears to be heading.
It includes expert commentary on recent trends, predictions for the coming year and forecasts of sector activity through our heat chart which predicts the most active sectors for company sales. Whether you are active on the buy or sell side or just alert to the latest opportunities, Horizons will provide you with invaluable insights into where and why investment is flowing, giving you more of the mid-market knowledge and insight you need.
Issue 2 of 2019 includes:
- Global view – First sharp dip in global activity for five years
- Special feature – Searching for stability and prosperity in central america
- North America – Q1 mid-market M&A activity slows to levels not seen in recent years
- UK & Ireland - Deal activity is subdued and dampened by extension of Brexit, but there is pent-up demand
- Building Products & Services - Sector sees unprecedented M&A in 2018
- Natural Resources - North America and China continue to lead the way in deal making activity
- Industrials & Chemicals - Political and economic concerns likely to impact M&A activity in 2019.
In a global market of bewildering activity and endless choices, we provide some of the context necessary to navigate it.